Are you tired of using stale green onions? Yeah, me too! 3 months ago, I searched the internet for tips on how to keep green onions fresh and I have stumbled upon this video where she showed a step-by-step process on how to store them correctly in the fridge. I was so impressed by it that I immediately tried it. I am so glad that I did because I never had stale green onions ever again!
Here are the tips to keep your Green Onions fresh! It might sound simple but there are things to consider if we want to hold our greens fresh and safe for later use. These easy to follow steps will sure to help you with your long struggles of keeping perishables safe and fresh.
1. Start by cutting the green onion roots. Line them on a flat surface and cut off the roots. Make sure not to throw the roots. I will explain it at the end of this blog.
2. Cut the green onions into two parts to fit them in a bag.
3. Pat dry the green onions with a paper towel. It will help remove the moisture off them. When there’s no moisture, the longer they stay fresh.
4. Wrap the green onions with paper towels. Do not wrap them too tight though, because green onions are so soft that they can get easily crushed.
5. Put them in a plastic bag and place the bag in the crisper drawer inside the fridge. Make sure to label each bag to know how long they have been in the fridge.
6. Only take them out of the fridge when you need to use them and rewrap any unused green onions, and put them back inside the refrigerator.
7. Remember the roots? Put them into a jar with fresh water, and in about three months or so, you will have another set of fresh green onions! How awesome is that?
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!