Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Oh, my! I love this recipe so much! A big thanks to my dear friend, Alexa, because I never would have tasted perfection! Try this recipe now and prepare to be amazed! With this very minimal set of ingredients, you will surely have the best dish today! Serve this Honey Mustard Chicken over rice and you have yourself a meal to remember! Don’t forget to spoon the delicious sauce on top! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
6 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
1 tbsp oil olive or vegetable
salt and pepper to taste
½ c water
2 cloves garlic minced
¼ c honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp stone-ground mustard/whole grain mustard NOT ground mustard powder
1 lb (450g) baby potatoes sliced in halves
3 carrots peeled and sliced into 1–2-inch pieces
1. Press the “Sauté” button on the slow cooker.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Rub the seasonings all over the chicken thighs.
4. Add the chicken thighs into the hot oil and sear each side until brown.
5. Add water and scrape the bottom of the pot to get the brown bits.
6. Add the garlic, Dijon mustard, stone-ground mustard, and honey. Stir until well mixed.
7. Add the carrots and potatoes.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
9. Cover the Instant Pot and seal.
10. Press the “Pressure Cook” button and cook for about 8 minutes on a high setting.
11. Do a quick release, then open the pot.
12. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top.
13. Serve hot and enjoy!
If you are using small chicken thighs, the cooking time will be about 6 minutes.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 5120IU | Vitamin C: 10.7mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3.5mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!