Welcome to the world of sweet indulgence, where we present our ‘Irresistible Scarlet Velvet Cupcakes’. These are not your ordinary cupcakes; they are a moist, flavor-rich delight topped with an irresistibly creamy cheese frosting. Imagine biting into a tender, scarlet-hued dessert that tantalizes your taste buds with its perfect blend of ingredients. Every cupcake promises a sweet symphony of flavors that you won’t forget.
For the Scarlet Velvet Cupcakes:
– 1¼ cups (150 g/ 5.3Oz) All-Purpose Flour
– 1½ tbsp (9 g) Cornflour (also known as Cornstarch)
– 1½ tbsp (7 g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
– ¼ tsp Baking Soda
– ½ tsp Baking Powder
– ¼ tsp Salt (omit if using salted butter)
– 3 tbsp (43 g/ 1.5Oz) Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
– ⅓ cup (70 g/ 2.5Oz) Unflavoured Vegetable Oil
– 1 cup (200 g/ 7Oz) White Sugar
– 2 Large Eggs (room temperature)
– ½ tbsp Vanilla Essence/Extract
– ¾ tsp White Vinegar
– 1¾ tbsp Red Liquid Food Color
– ⅓ cup Buttermilk (room temperature)
For the Cream Cheese Buttercream:
– ½ cup (112 g/ 3.9Oz) Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
– 2¼ cups (285 g/ 10Oz) Icing Sugar (also known as Confectioners/Powdered Sugar)
– ¾ cup (168 g/ 5.9Oz) Cream Cheese (cold, firm type)
– ¾ tsp Vanilla Essence/Extract
– ¾ tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 160 degrees Celsius. While the oven warms, prepare a cupcake pan by inserting cupcake liners. This ensures easy removal of the cupcakes once they’re baked.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift together your dry ingredients: flour, cornflour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk these ingredients together and set the bowl aside for later use.
3. In a separate bowl, combine butter, vegetable oil, and sugar. Using a mixer, cream these ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the mixture is light and creamy.
4. Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time, making sure each egg is well incorporated before adding the next. This step ensures an evenly mixed batter.
5. Now, introduce the flavor boosters to the mix. Add vanilla extract, white vinegar, and red liquid food coloring. Mix well until all these ingredients are evenly distributed in the batter.
6. It’s time to combine the wet and dry ingredients. Start by adding half of the dry ingredients to the batter. Gently fold it in with a spatula. Add the buttermilk and fold it in until just combined. Finally, introduce the remaining dry ingredients and fold them in until just combined. Remember, overmixing might result in a denser cupcake, so fold until you can’t see the dry ingredients anymore.
7. Distribute the batter evenly into the cupcake liners, filling them halfway up. Bake these in the preheated oven for 18 minutes. The perfect baking time results in cupcakes that are moist and fluffy.
8. After baking, remove the cupcakes from the pan and place them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
9. While the cupcakes are cooling, let’s prepare the frosting. Start by creaming butter in a mixing bowl until it’s smooth and light. This process might take about 4 minutes.
10. Gradually add the icing sugar to the creamed butter in three batches. After each addition, mix until combined.
11. Lastly, add the cold cream cheese, vanilla extract, and fresh lemon juice. Mix these ingredients together until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
12. Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese buttercream. Using the piping bag, make holes at the center of each cooled cupcake and fill them with the cream. The cream filling provides a delightful surprise in every bite.
Enjoy these irresistibly soft and delicious Scarlet Velvet Cupcakes. The cream cheese frosting pairs perfectly with the red velvet, creating a dessert that’s a feast for both the eyes and the palate.