Prep Time: 2 hrs 30 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 3 hrs | Yield: 6 Servings
Chicken, pasta, and creamy sauce. What’s not to love? This Italian Chicken is one of the best dishes I have ever had in a long time. A must-try for sure. Enjoy!
For the chicken:
1 c whole milk
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
1 c all-purpose flour
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp kosher salt
1 ½ tsp black pepper
For the sauce:
½ tsp pepper (don’t skimp on this)
1 c Parmesan cheese, grated
1 box (16 ounces) of linguine noodles
2 tbsp olive oil
3 c fresh spinach, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp cornstarch, divided
1 c heavy cream
1 c whole milk
1 tsp kosher salt
1 c chicken broth
¼ c sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely diced
1. Add the chicken breast, lemon juice, and milk into a large mixing bowl. Toss until the chicken breasts are well coated.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic, then place it inside the fridge to marinate for about 2 to 4 hours.
3. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
4. Add flour, powdered sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
5. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, then shake off any excess.
6. Add each chicken into the bowl with the flour mixture, then toss until well coated.
7. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
8. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
9. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
10. Add the chicken pieces, then sear each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
11. Transfer the chicken pieces onto the prepared baking sheet.
12. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until done.
13. Cook the pasta according to the directions provided on the package.
For the Sauce:
1. In the empty skillet, add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
2. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic, then sauté until aromatic and soft.
3. Add 1 tbsp of cornstarch, then stir until well mixed.
4. Add chicken broth, then scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits. Stir until well blended. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add slurry, then stir until well mixed. Add salt, pepper, spinach, and cream.
6. Reduce the heat to low, then simmer the sauce for a few minutes until the texture becomes thick.
7. Add the noodles and chicken, then stir until well combined.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 695 | Total Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Unsaturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 1785mg | Carbohydrates: 38g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 50g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!