Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These delicious Italian Meatball Subs are what you just might need today! I have listed all the ingredients and directions. Just follow them for they will guide you to perfection! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 c Italian breadcrumbs (see notes)
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 c marinara (or pasta sauce)
4 sub rolls
1 1/2 c finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, Parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs, basil, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
2. Form meatballs out of the mixture.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add the meatballs into the hot skillet and cook each side until brown. Discard any excess grease.
5. Add the marinara sauce and stir until the meatballs are well coated.
6. Allow them to simmer for about 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, brush the sub rolls with butter. Put them over a hot pan and toast each side.
8. Add cheese over the rolls and spread it evenly.
9. Stuff each roll with 5 meatballs each.
10. Top each sub with a generous amount of cheese.
11. Place them inside the oven and broil for a few minutes until the cheese has melted completely.
12. Remove from the oven and sprinkle more cheese and parsley over each sub.
13. Serve immediately and enjoy!
1. Feel free to use frozen meatballs for this recipe.
2. Feel free to use hotdog buns as well instead of rolls.
Calories 7 10% | Total Fat 10.6g 14% | Cholesterol 126.4mg 42% | Sodium 1944.2mg 85% | Total Carbohydrate 92.4g 34% | Sugars 12.1g | Protein 59.4g 119% | Vitamin A1 4% | Vitamin C5%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!