Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 28 mins | Total Time: 33 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Italian sausage is the best! This recipe just shows how delicious and versatile, this sausage can be. Mixed with green bell pepper, onion, and a lot more, you will surely have the best dish to serve today! I usually serve this on hoagie rolls, but rice works as well! Try it now, and I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make today. Enjoy!
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
1 pkg. Johnsonville Naturals Mild Italian Sausage
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the sausages, then cook all sides for a few minutes until they turn brown. Transfer onto a clean plate.
4. In the same skillet, add peppers and onion. Sauté until soft and translucent.
5. Add the garlic, then sauté for about a minute or until aromatic.
6. Slice into 1-inch pieces the sausages.
7. Add the sausage slices into the skillet.
8. Add the rest of the ingredients into the skillet as well, then stir until well combined.
9. Cook everything for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick and the sausages are cooked.
10. Serve immediately on hoagie rolls. Enjoy!
I used Johnsonville Natural Italian Sausage for this recipe.
You can serve this with rice if you wish.
Calories: 359 kcal
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!