Yield: 4 Servings
Is it just me that the best-fried chicken is Korean fried chicken? Well, I love it and I going to teach you how to do it! Ready? Follow these very simple steps and they will guide you to perfection! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
4 lbs chicken wings, cut at the bone, wing tips discarded
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c cornstarch
1 3/4 c water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 quarts of vegetable oil, to fry
4 tbsp granulated sugar
4 tbsp Korean chilli paste (gochujang)
2 tbsp Moore’s Marinade Spicy Mustard Hot Sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
small splash sesame oil
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 c cold water
1 tsp minced garlic
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
rice, to serve
1. Prepare the wings by cutting them at the joint and remove the hard tip.
2. Add flour, water, garlic powder, cornstarch, baking powder, onion powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
3. Place a large Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add 2-quarts of vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
5. In a mixing bowl, add Korean chilli paste, sugar, mustard hot sauce, honey, sesame oil, cold water, minced garlic, and rice vinegar. Stir until well mixed.
6. Slice the onions into small pieces.
7. Coat 1/3 of the chicken wings with the wet batter.
8. Add the coated chicken wings into the hot oil and cook for about 9 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from the pot onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil. Repeat the process to the rest of the chicken wings.
10. Put the fried chicken wings into the sauce and toss until well coated.
11. Arrange the chicken wings onto a clean serving plate.
12. Garnish with freshly chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!