Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
This recipe is so easy to prepare. The perfect breakfast to serve on weekend mornings! You will surely love this Loaded Overnight Breakfast Casserole, I’m sure of it!
12 ounces Italian bread, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons ground dry mustard
2 2/3 c whole milk
1 pound sage or breakfast sausage
8-10 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c shredded Gruyere cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon paprika
8 large Eggs
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
chopped fresh chives, for garnish
dollop sour cream, for garnish
minced fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the sausage, then cook until crumbly and brown. Discard any accumulated grease. Transfer the sausage into a mixing bowl.
3. Cut the Italian bread into 1/2-inch slices with a bread knife.
4. In a mixing bowl, add Gruyere cheeses and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until well mixed.
5. In another bowl, add dry mustard, milk, eggs, paprika, black pepper, parsley, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
6. Add the bread slices into a 9×13-inch baking pan and arrange them in a single layer.
7. Add the bacon, sausage, and 3/4 of the cheese over the bread.
8. Add the egg custard on top and spread it evenly.
9. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the egg custard.
10. Cover the baking pan with aluminium foil, then place it in the fridge to chill overnight.
11. Remove the cover and allow it to sit for a few minutes at room temperature.
12. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
13. Place the baking pan inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
14. Remove from the oven and top with your preferred garnishes.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!