Indulge in the creamy, velvety goodness of this New York-inspired cheesecake. With its rich base and soft texture, this treat will transport you straight to the bustling streets of the Big Apple, where cheesecakes reign supreme. Perfect for any gathering or just a moment of sweet solitude, this recipe promises to be a delightful addition to your dessert repertoire. And the best part? It’s easier to make than you might think. So, let’s embark on this cheesecake journey together, and don’t forget to share this delightful dessert with your loved ones!
- 5 cups of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of milk
- A pinch of salt
- Zest from one lemon (optional for added zing)
- Preparation: Start by preheating your oven to 325°F (160°C). Make sure your ingredients are all at room temperature. This ensures a smoother mixing process.
- Mixing: In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat these ingredients until they’re smooth and creamy.
- Egg Addition: Incorporate the eggs, one by one, ensuring each egg is fully blended before adding the next.
- Cream & Flour: Gently fold in the heavy cream, followed by the flour and milk. Mix until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Optional Zest: For those who enjoy a hint of citrus, add the lemon zest at this stage and mix it in.
- Pour & Bake: Pour your cheesecake mixture into your preferred baking dish. Place the dish in the oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes to an hour. The center should be almost set, but with a slight jiggle.
- Cooling: Once baked, remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature. For best results, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or, even better, overnight.
- Serve & Enjoy: When ready to serve, take the cheesecake out of the fridge, slice, and savor every bite!
- This cheesecake can be adorned with a plethora of toppings. From fresh berries to chocolate drizzles, the choice is yours.
- For an extra touch of indulgence, serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Remember, good things take time. So, even though you might be tempted, allow the cheesecake its time in the fridge. This helps it set and enhance its flavors.
- Last but not least, desserts are a source of joy. Share this delightful cheesecake with friends and family and watch their faces light up with every bite!