Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1hr | Additional: 10 mins | Total: 1 hr 20 mins | Serving: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
Is there anything more satisfying than a casserole with chicken & rice? This Mamaw’s Chicken and Rice Casserole is my favorite dish growing up. I was glad to wait for weekends to help my mother prepare this dish for us. For me, it’s a full casserole, a casserole that has everything I wanted. My mom would also serve this casserole every time I felt very depressed or just sad for no apparent reason. She’s always by my side and tells me that everything will be alright, not today, but soon. I learned so much from her, not just about cooking this casserole, but also living my life.
It is a quick and simple casserole of chicken and rice, ideal for a busy day, potlucks, or a special delivery to family and friends in need of some warmth. Serve one nice homemade meal with your favorite green vegetables and a side salad. It’s also made for fantastic leftovers – the next day it’s even better. Try this recipe for Mamaw’s Chicken and Rice Casserole, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
(3) breast half, boneless and skinless (blank)s chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 cups of water
2 cups instant white rice
(1) (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
(1) (10.75 oz) can cream of celery soup
(1) (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
(1) pinch of salt and ground black pepper
½ cup butter, sliced into pats
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of a casserole dish.
2. Add and stir chicken, water, rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and cream of mushroom soup in the prepared casserole dish, and then season with salt and pepper. Arrange butter evenly over the top of the chicken mixture.
3. Bake it for an hour to 75 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through in the preheated oven. Allow cooling for 15 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 441.2 calories; 80.7 mg cholesterol; 1211.2 mg sodium; 16.8 g protein; 36.7 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!