Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
If you want the best lunch or dinner today, then you have got to give this one a try! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have the most beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
3 lbs beef roast (such as chuck, the eye of round, etc.)
1 tbsp ground chipotle chilis
2 tbsp ground ancho chilis
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp oregano
2 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 c orange juice
1 tbsp lime juice
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1. In a mixing bowl, add the ancho chilis, chipotle chilis, oregano, cumin, cocoa, oregano, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
2. Season the beef with mixed seasonings. Rub it well until well coated.
3. Put the beef into a slow cooker as well as the rest of the ingredients. Stir until just mixed.
4. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 8 hours or until the meat is fork-tender.
5. Remove the beef and onions from the pot.
6. Use two forks to shred the meat into small pieces.
7. Remove the fat and place it into a pan as well as the accumulated juice.
8. Place the pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
9. Simmer for a few minutes until the volume of the sauce reduces.
10. Remove from the heat, then add the shredded beef. Stir until well mixed.
11. Sere and enjoy!
Calories 244 | Fat 14g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0) | Cholesterol 85mg | Sodium 321mg | Carbs 4g (Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g) | Protein 24g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!