Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
Easy, delicious, and spectacular! These three words best describe my experience with this Orange Cranberry Bread! Oh, man, you have got to give this recipe a try! Serve it with your favourite cup of coffee, sit on your front porch, and enjoy life as it is! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to modify this recipe a bit to your liking. Enjoy!
1 tbsp grated orange peel
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 c fresh or frozen cranberries coarsely chopped
2 c flour
2 tbsp shortening
3/4 c orange juice
1 egg well beaten
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c chopped walnuts optional
1 c sugar
1 tsp salt
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 9xx5-inch loaf pan.
3. Add baking powder, sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add the orange peel, egg, orange juice, and shortening. Stir until well blended.
5. Add the walnuts and cranberries, then stir until just mixed.
6. Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
7. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
8. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest completely at room temperature.
9. Wrap with plastic, then place it inside the fridge to chill overnight.
10. Serve warm and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge.
Calories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 4gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 359mgPotassium: 113mgFiber: 2gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 74IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!