Total Time: 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Imagine a cold Sunday afternoon and you are sitting by the window. Don’t you just want a hot and comforting soup? Well, this recipe I am sharing with you today is the perfect soup to serve on such day! This Japanese Mushroom Soup is so easy to make. In just 20 minutes, you will have the most comforting bowl of soup ever! It has a very simple taste perfect for a moody day! A must-try recipe! Just follow these easy steps for they will guide you to perfection. Enjoy!
1 portion of glass noodles
1 teaspoon soy sauce
6 mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 celery, diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 small piece of peeled ginger
½ sweet onion, diced
900ml vegetarian or chicken broth
2 green onions for garnish
A pinch of salt and pepper
1. In a bowl with cold water, add a portion of glass noodles and soak them for about 7 to 10 minutes. Cut them into 3 equal parts.
2. Place a small pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add sesame oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add ginger, celery, onions, and carrots. Sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and soft.
5. Pour in the broth, then stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
6. Remove the pot from the stove, then strain it into a new pot.
7. Add salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Stir until well blended.
8. Put the pot on the stove and turn the heat to high and allow the broth to boil.
9. Add clear noodles and mushrooms into serving bowls.
10. Ladle the broth over.
11. Cook the noodles in the hot broth for about 5 minutes.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!