For chocolate cake enthusiasts, the quest for the perfect recipe is never-ending. But what if the key lies not in contemporary gourmet cookbooks, but in the cherished memories of our grandmothers? Introducing Nana’s Devil’s Food Cake, a vintage recipe that’s making waves on the internet and tantalizing taste buds across the globe.
This culinary gem was discovered on Reddit, where user u/iamktf posted it with a description that would make anyone’s mouth water: “The best chocolate cake ever, guaranteed, in our family for at least 80 years.” As more Reddit users tried and testified to its delectable nature, it quickly gained traction.
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose recommended)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brewed coffee (for an intensified chocolate flavor)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sifting Dry Ingredients: In a bowl, sift together flour, kosher salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and granulated sugar.
- Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine brewed coffee, vegetable oil, eggs, and whole milk.
- Combining: Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, ensuring a smooth consistency without overmixing.
- Baking: Pour the batter into a Bundt pan (or your preferred cake mold). Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cooling and Drizzling: Let the cake cool. Optionally, you can drizzle it with your favorite chocolate sauce or frosting for added richness.
Conclusion: Nana’s Devil’s Food Cake is not just a recipe; it’s a piece of culinary history. Its rich flavor, moist texture, and light fluffiness make it a timeless classic. Whether you’re hosting a party, celebrating a special occasion, or just in the mood for a treat, this cake is sure to impress.
Found this recipe irresistible? Share the joy of Nana’s Devil’s Food Cake with your friends and family. Every bite is a trip down memory lane!