Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 1 hr | Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
Old but gold! This recipe will surely give you nostalgia! You have got to give this a try and allow it to satisfy your hungry tummy and soul! Feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. Enjoy!
CHICKEN & BROTH:
2-4 chicken breasts (bone-in with skin) or 1 whole 3 pounds chicken
1 stick butter
2 package chicken bouillon (or 2 spoonfuls)
1 stick butter, melted
3 large Eggs
1/2 cup milk, 2%
5 c all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 drops of yellow food colouring (or substitute a pinch of Turmeric)
1. In a Dutch oven, add the chicken. Add enough water to submerge it.
2. Add chicken bouillon cube and 1 stick of butter.
3. Cover the pot and turn the heat to medium.
4. Cook for 45 minutes or until done.
5. Remove the chicken from the pot and allow it to cool. Set aside the broth.
6. Use two forks to shred the chicken into small pieces. Discard the bones and fat.
To Make the Dumplings:
1. Add eggs and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Beat until well combined.
2. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
3. Add flour gradually to about 3 cups and beat every addition. The texture should become sticky.
4. Add the yellow food colouring and stir until well blended.
5. Add 2 cups of flour on a flat surface.
6. Add 1 cup of the mixture in the middle of the flour.
7. Use your hands to mix until well combined, then roll it into a very thin piece.
8. Slice it into small cuts with a pizza cutter.
9. Put the pot back to high heat and allow it to boil.
10. Put the strips into the pot with the chicken broth.
11. Reduce the heat to low, then add the rest of the dumplings.
12. Put the shredded chicken back to the pot and stir until well mixed.
13. Remove the pot from the heat, then cover it. Allow the chicken and dumplings to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!