Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 2 hrs | Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
It’s my pleasure to share with you this awesome recipe! This Chicken and Dumplings will surely make your day extra special! Try this now and I promise you that it will be worth all your time and effort. Enjoy!
CHICKEN & BROTH
2-4 chicken breasts (bone-in with skin) or 1 whole 3 lb chicken
1 stick butter
2 package chicken bouillon (or 2 spoonfuls)
1 stick butter, melted
3 large Eggs
1/2 cup milk, 2%
5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 drops of yellow food colouring (or substitute a pinch of Turmeric)
For the Chicken and Broth:
1. In a Dutch oven, add the chicken.
2. Add enough water to submerge it.
3. Add chicken bouillon and butter.
4. Place the Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Cover and cook the chicken for 45 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken from the pot onto a clean plate and allow it to cool.
6. Debone and shred the chicken into small pieces. Set aside.
For the Dumplings:
1. Add eggs and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Beat until well mixed.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the flour gradually and whisk every addition until well mixed and thick.
4. add several drops of yellow food colouring and stir until well blended.
5. Add 2 cups of flour onto a flat surface.
6. Add 1 cup of the mixture in the middle of the flour.
7. Use your hands to mix everything until well incorporated. Roll into a thin piece.
8. Slice the dough into small pieces with a pizza cutter.
9. Add the dough strips into the Dutch oven with the broth.
10. Cook for a few minutes until soft.
11. Put the chicken pieces back into the pot and stir until just combined.
12. Remove the pot from the heat and cover it. Allow the mixture to rest for at least 10 minutes.
13. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!