Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
I am a very busy person but I always make sure that my family eats delicious food. I look for recipes that not only is delicious but also hassle-free. This recipe is just one of them! In just about 35 minutes, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner today! All you need for this are these ingredients and one pan. Yeah, you read it right! Try this one now and I promise you that you are going to love it. Enjoy!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb Smoked Turkey Sausage sliced
1 c diced onion about 1 medium onion
1 tbsp minced garlic about 2-3 fresh cloves
2 c chicken broth
1 10-oz can diced tomatoes (with or without chiles) (like Rotel)
1/2 c milk or heavy cream
8 ozs dry pasta like rotini, penne, or farfalle
salt and pepper to taste
1 c shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
1/3 c sliced scallions for garnish
1. Place a 5-quart saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the sausage and onion, then cook until brown and soft.
4. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
5. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, pasta, milk, and seasonings. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to boil.
6. Cover the pan and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
7. Remove the pan from heat, then add 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir until well mixed.
8. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over.
9. Cover the pan and let the cheese melt completely for at least 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with scallions.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to broil for a few minutes until the cheese has melted completely.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 1350mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 10.7mg | Calcium: 251mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!