Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Oh, my! I am so happy right now! Try this recipe now and I promise you that it will be the best decision you will even make today! Serve this over rice and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
½ lemon thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
4 medium-sized chicken breasts or thighs with or without skin
½ tsp salt
1 ½ c yellow onions cut into ¼ inch dice
2 cloves garlic minced
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
pinch of turmeric
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp saffron water *
¼ c water
¾ c Lindsay natural green olives
1 preserved lemon diced
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
* Saffron water: Dissolve 1 pinch of saffron threads in 1 Tablespoon of warm water
1. Use paper towels to pat dry the chicken.
2. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Put the lemon slices into the hot pan and cook for 3 minutes covered or until they caramelize.
4. Remove the lemon slices from the pan onto a clean plate. Set aside.
5. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the chicken and cook each side for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
7. Remove the chicken from the pan onto a clean plate.
8. In the same pan, add 1 more tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the onions and saute until soft.
10. Add the ginger, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, and pepper. Saute until aromatic.
11. Add water and saffron water. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get the brown bits.
12. Put the chicken back into the pan and toss until well coated with the sauce. Allow the mixture to boil.
13. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the pan. Allow simmering for at least 15 minutes.
14. Add the lemon, olives, and lemon juice. Stir until well mixed.
15. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Sprinkle fresh parsley over each serving and top with lemon slices.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 821mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 17.6mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!