Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
All you need for this recipe is one pan! In less than an hour, you will surely enjoy this delicious dish! It is best to serve pretty much any time of the day! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 c chicken broth
1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chillies
1 (4 oz) can of sliced black olives
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp dried oregano
⅛ tsp chipotle chile powder
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 c sour cream
12 (6 inches) corn tortillas, cut into bite-size pieces
1 c shredded Colby-Jack cheese, or to taste
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add flour and stir and cook for about a minute.
4. Add the chicken broth and whisk until well blended. Simmer for about 3 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
5. Add the olives, green chiles, oregano, chipotle powder, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
6. Add the chicken breasts and simmer for a few minutes.
7. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the skillet. Cook for another 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
8. Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a clean plate. Use two forks to shred it into small pieces.
9. Add the sour cream and stir until well blended.
10. Put the shredded chicken back to the skillet as well as the tortillas. Stir until well mixed.
11. Sprinkle the Colby-Jack cheese on top, then cover the skillet. Cook for another 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
12. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 327.5 | Protein: 16.1g 32% | Carbohydrates: 23.3g 8% | Dietary Fiber: 3.2g 13% | Sugars: 1.1g | Fat: 19.5g 30% | Saturated Fat: 10.9g 55% | Cholesterol: 63.9mg 21% | Vitamin A Iu: 486.2IU 10% | Niacin Equivalents: 5.5mg 42% | Vitamin B6: 0.2mg 13% | Vitamin C: 9.9mg 17% | Folate: 13mcg 3% | Calcium: 84.4mg 8% | Iron: 1.4mg 8% | Magnesium: 41.5mg 15% | Potassium: 199.7mg 6% | Sodium: 909.3mg 36% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 9% | Calories From Fat: 175.1
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!