Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Talk about a complete meal! What I love about this One-Pot Sausage Peppers with Rice is the simplicity. All you need are these basic ingredients to make the best lunch or dinner today! You will also need one skillet to cook so it’s less hassle! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this very simple recipe even better. Enjoy!
4 large garlic cloves – minced
8 oz. can of tomato sauce
2 (14 oz.) sausage links (I use smoked beef sausage)
3 c white rice
1 tbsp olive oil
5 c chicken broth
1 chopped small yellow onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 chopped bell pepper (I use a mix of red and green bell peppers)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1. Place a large non-stick skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the sausage, then stir and cook until brown.
4. Add the onions and pepper, then sauté until soft.
5. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
6. Add the rice, chicken broth, seasonings, and tomato sauce. Stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
7. Turn the heat down to low. Cover the skillet with a lid, then simmer everything for about 25 minutes.
8. Remove the cover, then sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
9. Serve right away and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!