Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10mins | Additional: 1 hr| Total: 1 hr 25 mins | Servings: 36 | Yield: 3 dozen cookies
These Orange’s Famous Oatmeal Scotchies are my family’s favorite. My children love this so much, and they always volunteer to help whenever they see me preparing the ingredients, which I find quite funny because you wouldn’t see them in the kitchen when I make other things, other than this one. These cookies have a popularity for being so delicious. Don’t make me speak on behalf of them, make them yourself. Try this recipe for Orange’s Famous Oatmeal Scotchies, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
(2) large eggs
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
2 cups rolled oats, or as needed
1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Add and beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat first egg into the butter mixture until completely blended; beat the vanilla into the mixture with the last egg.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add and beat flour mixture into the butter mixture about 1/2 cup at a time. Then fold rolled oats and butterscotch chips into the resulting dough. Add and mix in more rolled oats, about 1/4 cup at a time if the dough isn’t firm enough until dough is of desired consistency.
3. Before baking, refrigerate the dough for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Then scoop up dough by heaping tablespoonful and roll into balls. Add and place cookies about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
6. Bake until very lightly browned and cookies are set in the middle in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool it for about 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets to finish cooling on the wire rack.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!