Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20mins | Total: 30 mins | Servings: 4
This Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan is a family favorite. It is a healthy dish because it’s baked, which means it uses less oil than frying it. It’s so delicious and very easy to make. Try this Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan for your dinner while enjoying it with your family.
2 tbsp olive oil
(2) chicken breasts, about 1 lb of chicken
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese fresh grated
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup marinara sauce
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp minced parsley optional, for garnish
1. Place foil on a baking sheet, then spray foil with olive oil. Adust the oven rack, from the top space to the second. Preheat oven 400°F.
2. Slice chicken breast in half, and then pound it to thickness: Cut into the center of the chicken breast just like you were going to open a book, then slice through all the way to make two bits of similar size.
3. After cutting the chicken breasts in half, place them in a gallon-sized zip-top bag in an even layer, seal it, then pound them to an even thickness using a meat pounder or a rolling pin. Instead of a zip-top bag, you can also put the chicken breasts between two layers of cling wrap if you prefer.
4. Then pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
5. In one shallow dish, add and mix panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.
6. In another shallow dish, whisk one egg.
7. Then dip one chicken breast into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Make sure chicken breast is fully coated in the crumb mixture, and press gently with your hand does help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Place chicken breast on a prepared baking sheet, repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
8. Add and place the baking sheet in the oven on the second from the top rack. Bake it for 15 minutes, or until through cooked.
9. Flip chicken, pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken, then top with cheese. Place back in the oven. Turn on the broiler. Then broil for 2-4 minutes, until cheese melts and bubbly, and the edges of the chicken are browning.
Calories: 459kcal; Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 155mg; Sodium: 1624mg; Potassium: 720mg; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 4g; Vitamin A: 909IU; Vitamin C: 8mg; Calcium: 418mg; Iron: 3mg; Carbohydrates: 16g; Protein: 42g.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!