3 c all purpose flour
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 c butter
1 1/2 c light corn syrup
1 1/2 c white sugar
3 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 c chopped pecans ( i leave some of them whole)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Line a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and leave a little over hang to make it easier to lift bars out. Lightly spray with Pam.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, ½ cup sugar, and salt. Cut in the 1 cup of butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan, and press in firmly.
3. Bake for 20 min. in a preheated oven.
4. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, 1 ½ cups sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans. Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
5. Bake for 25 min. in the preheated oven, or until set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars. I also loosen the edges of the whole thing with a knife. They can be a little sticky trying to get them out of the pan!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!