Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Tender meat and peppers smothered in a savory sauce; this Pepper Steak Stir Fry is what I like to call perfect! Serve it over rice, and you have yourself a meal to remember! It only takes about 30 minutes of your busy schedule. A super easy recipe that you and your family are going to love. Enjoy!
1 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/4 lbs. flank steak thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
1/4 c soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided use
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the peppers, then cook for about 3 minutes or until soft. Transfer the peppers onto a clean plate.
4. In the same pan, add the rest of the oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the flank steak, then toss until well coated.
6. Add the steak into the pan, then cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or until all sides are brown.
7. Add ginger and garlic, then sauté for half a minute or until aromatic.
8. Put the peppers back into the pan, then stir until well mixed.
9. Combine 1/4 cup of water, soy sauce, cornstarch, and sugar.
10. Add the sauce into the pan on top of the steak, then stir until well mixed. Allow to simmer for about 3 more minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 277 kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1040IU | Vitamin C: 61.9mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!