I will never get tired of this Potato Soup! It is just too perfect and too simple to make! Feel free to modify this very simple recipe to your liking. Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes, sliced into small bite-sized pieces
1/2 pound uncooked bacon, finely diced
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 bunch celery, diced
8 c milk
3 c water
4 chicken bouillon cubes (use 1 c of the hot potato water to dissolve, then use the 3 cups of water)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3/4 c salted butter
3/4 c flour
1/4 bunch freshly chopped parsley
1 c whipping cream
fried bacon bits
chopped green onions
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove, then turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and allow them to cool.
3. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from the pan onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
4. In the same pan with a bit of bacon grease, add celery and onion. Saute until soft.
5. Add milk, water, bullion, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
6. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 8 minutes. Make sure to stir from time to time.
7. Place a small pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Add butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add flour, then stir and cook for about a minute. Allow it to simmer for a few more minutes until it resembles a roux.
9. Add the roux into the soup, then stir continuously until well mixed. This will take about 4 minutes.
10. Add the reserved potatoes, cream, and parsley. Stir until well mixed.
11. Remove from the heat.
12. Sprinkle crumbled bacon, onions, and a generous amount of cheese on top.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!