Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy recipe to try for today’s lunch or dinner, then you have got to give this one a try! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 slices thick-cut bacon diced
1 medium onion diced
1 stalk celery sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 c low sodium chicken broth
4 medium potatoes diced
3 c fresh or frozen corn
3/4 c whole milk or cream
2 tbsp corn starch
cheese, green onions, bacon bits as desired for serving
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the bacon and cook until brown.
3. Add the onion and celery, then sauté until translucent.
4. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
5. Add thyme, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir until well mixed.
6. Add the broth and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
7. Add corn and potatoes. Stir until well combined, then simmer over medium heat.
8. Cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
9. In a mixing bowl, add milk and cornstarch. Whisk until well mixed.
10. Pour the mixture into the pot and stir until the texture becomes thick.
11. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 281cal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 548mg | Potassium: 1023mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.8mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!