Prep Time: 2 hrs 40 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Total Time: 4 hrs | Yield: 8 Servings
Simply the best! This Quiche never fails to make my day extra special! 4 hours of prepping and cooking is so worth it. Try it now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
1/2 c whole milk
1 unbaked Flaky Pie Crust (what I used) or All-Butter Pie Crust*
up to 2 c add-ins
1/2 c heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
4 large Eggs
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
optional toppings for serving: extra cheese, chopped herbs, hollandaise sauce, & freshly ground pepper to taste
1 c shredded or crumbled cheese such as feta, cheddar, goat cheese, or gruyere
1. Prepare the crust, then chill it inside the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then place the dough on it. Unroll one chilled dough and turn a few times until it forms into a 12-inch round shape.
3. Lay the dough into a 9-inch pie dish.
4. Fold the excess dough and mold it around the dish.
5. Use a fork to crimp the sides of the dough.
6. Wrap the dough with plastic, then place it inside the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes to 5 days.
7. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
8. Line the crust with parchment paper, then fill it with dried beans.
9. Place the crust inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
10. Remove the weights, then use a fork to poke small holes over the dough.
11. Put it back inside the oven and bake for another 8 minutes or until done.
12. Remove the crust from the oven. Place it inside the fridge until ready for serving.
13. Turn the heat of the oven down to about 350 degrees F.
14. Add eggs, heavy cream, whole milk, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
15. Pour the mixture over the crust and spread it evenly.
16. Place it inside the oven and bake for 55 minutes or until done.
17. 16. Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 4 days or 3 months in the freezer.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!