Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 8hrs | Total: 8 hrs 15 mins | Serving: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
We enjoy pot roast so much that we serve it thrice a week. I don’t know, but we find it very worth it to make. It is so delicate and full in the sense that it looks so many, even though it only has few ingredients. My brother went abroad for his studies, and every time he comes back home, he will always ask my mom to make this slow cooker pot roast. He said that he attempted to make this dish because sometimes you just need classic comfort food that will bring you back home. Try this recipe for Slow-cooker Pot Roast, if you want to have a warm and hearty dish for dinner, and don’t forget to enjoy it with your loved ones.
(1) onion, sliced
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 (2 1/2 lbs) boneless beef chuck roast
(1) pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (1.2 oz) package dry beef gravy mix
1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing mix
1 (.7 oz) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
½ cup water, or as needed
(5) (7-1/2″)s carrot whole peeled carrots
1. In a slow cooker, spray the inside with cooking spray. Add and spread onion slices out into the bottom of the cooker.
2. Add and spread flour out onto a work surface. Add and sprinkle chuck roast with salt and black pepper, and roll the roast in the flour to coat all sides. Use the edge of a small, sturdy plate, pound the flour into the meat. Put floured roast into the cooker on top of the onions. Add and whisk beef gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, and Italian dressing mix in a bowl, and whisk the mixes with water until smooth, and then pour over the chuck roast. Distribute carrots around the meat.
3. Cover the cooker, set to low heat, and cook for 8 hours until the roast is tender and the gravy thickens.
Per Serving: 385.2 calories; 86.8 mg cholesterol; 1287.8 mg sodium; 23.9 g protein; 20.8 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!