Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
You will no longer need anything if you have this Red Rice and Beans! This is a complete meal that I am sure you are going to love! A big thanks to my aunt for recommending this recipe. I am so glad because I never would have tasted perfection! Don’t believe me? Well, you just have to give this recipe a try and taste it yourself! You are more than welcome to add more ingredients to this if you wish. Have the most wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
¼ c extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion diced
1 large bell pepper diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
14.5 ounces 1 can diced tomatoes
2 c long-grain brown rice
4 c vegetable broth
16 ounces 1 can black beans, rinsed
¼ c cilantro chopped
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium,
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onion and saute until translucent.
4. Add the bell pepper and saute for 3 minutes or until soft.
5. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and cumin. Saute until aromatic.
6. Add the tomato slices and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Add the rice and vegetable broth. Stir until well mixed.
8. Allow the mixture to boil, then cover the skillet.
9. Turn the heat down to low and simmer the mixture for 45 minutes.
10. Add the cilantro and black beans. Stir until well mixed.
11. Remove from the heat and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1150IU | Vitamin C: 33.6mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3.9mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!