Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 55 mins | Total: 1hr 10 mins | Serving: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
Pie may be a little overwhelming, but I’m here to say you can do this. It’s not that bad, particularly with a little practice, and this Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie is certainly on the easier side of things. It is one of my grandmother’s recipes that we truly enjoy now and then. This pie was unbelievably tasty and so easy to put together. Whenever I got sick, my mom usually makes this for me. It made me so happy that whatever I’m feeling will soon be gone. We significantly increased the volume of rhubarb. The combination of Rhubarb and sour cream in one dish should be illegal, just kidding. You should try this recipe for Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie and make your version. Enjoy it with your family and friends.
(1) (9 inches) Pie crust, standard-type, prepared from recipe, unbaked
4 cups Rhubarb, raw
(1) egg, whole, raw, fresh
1 ½ cups Sugars, granulated
1 cup Cream, sour, cultured
(⅓) cup Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
(½) cup Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
½ cup sugars, brown
¼ cup butter, with salt
1. Preheat oven 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Press the pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan. Add and spread rhubarb in an even layer in the bottom of the crust. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, white sugar, sour cream, and 1/3 cup of flour until smooth. Pour over the rhubarb.
3. Add and mix 1/2 cup of flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the pie.
4. In the preheated oven, bake it for 15 minutes and then reduce heat at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Then, continue to bake until the edges have puffed, and the topping is golden for 40 minutes. The center may still be slightly jiggly. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Per Serving: 492.6 calories; 51.2 mg cholesterol; 188.3 mg sodium; 5 g protein; 75.2 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!