Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 40 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This soup is so smooth that it will run straight to your heart! Yeah, it will so prepare to fall in love in just one bite! Try this recipe now. Enjoy!
9 Roma tomatoes sliced lengthwise
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 yellow onion diced
4 garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme minced
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 28 ounces can San Marzano tomatoes crushed
1 c basil fresh, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon sugar
2 c chicken stock
2/3 c heavy cream
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Add the sliced tomatoes onto a baking sheet and spread it evenly.
3. Drizzle olive oil on top, then sprinkle salt and pepper.
4. Place the tomatoes inside the preheated oven and roast for about an hour.
5. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature.
6. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
7. Add 2 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
8. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
9. Add the garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Sauté until aromatic.
10. Add the crushed tomatoes, sugar, and basil. Stir until well mixed.
11. Reduce the heat to low, then simmer for at least 10 minutes.
12. Add the roasted tomatoes and chicken stock. Stir until just mixed and simmer for about 30 minutes. Make sure to stir from time to time.
13. With an immersion blender, process until it resembles a puree.
14. Add the cream and stir until well blended.
15. Slice the bread into small pieces.
16. Drizzle olive oil over each slice, then sprinkle basil and garlic on top.
17. Place them inside the oven and bake for about 7 minutes or until done.
18. Top each serving of the soup with the croutons.
19. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftover in an airtight container, then place it inside the fridge. It can last up to 1 week or 2 months inside the freezer.
Feel free to use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock to make it vegetarian.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1161IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!