Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I am so impressed by how this very simple recipe turned out! I am so glad that I gave this a try because I never would have tasted perfection! In just 30 minutes, you will surely enjoy this Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole! Just follow these easy steps for they will guide you to perfection! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1/4 c minced fresh cilantro
2 c chopped tomatoes
8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
1 c sour cream
2 c shredded rotisserie chicken
2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1-1/2 c salsa Verde, divided
Optional toppings: Avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions, or fresh cilantro leaves
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Add 3/4 cup salsa, sour cream, and chicken into a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
3. Apply cooking spray to an 8-inch square baking dish.
4. Add about 1/4 cup of salsa to the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
5. Lay 1/2 of the tortillas and chicken mixture into the prepared baking and arrange them in a single layer.
6. Top the chicken mixture with minced cilantro, 1/2 of the cheese, and 1/2 of the tomatoes. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients until everything is arranged in layers.
7. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
8. Remove from the oven and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
9. Serve with the rest of the salsa. Enjoy!
Top with your preferred toppings.
Feel free to add jalapenos if you want a spicy version. This is a must-try!
Feel free to use flour tortillas.
1 serving: 400 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fibre), 26g protein
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!