Yield: 4 Servings
This dish is what I call food for the soul! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! The rich flavours in this Saucy Hungarian Red Potato Goulash are superb! You just have to try this recipe and taste them yourself. Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today! Enjoy!
1 (14 oz) smoked sausage, sliced on the bias into thin medallions
2 tbsp butter
2 onions, quartered and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press
¾ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1 ½ tsp paprika
10 medium-size red skin potatoes, peeled and sliced into ½” thick circles (about 2 ¾ pounds)
1 ½ c chicken stock
1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the smoked sausage slices and cook until brown.
4. Remove the sausage slices from the pan onto a clean plate.
5. Add butter into the same pan and let it melt.
6. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
7. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
8. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Stir until well mixed.
9. Add the potato slices and stir until well mixed and coated with the seasonings.
10. Add chicken stock and stir until well blended.
11. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat. Make sure to stir from time to time. Cook until the potatoes are fork-tender.
12. Put the sausage slices back to the pan and stir until well mixed.
13. Garnish with parsley and olive oil.
14. Add more seasonings if needed.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!