Prep Time: 8 mins | Cook Time: 22 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This delicious dish will bring a big smile to your face today, for sure! A complete meal that will make you full for the rest of the day! Ready in just 30 minutes. What are you waiting for? Enjoy!
1 1/4 c white rice
2 teaspoons olive oil
12 ounces package smoked sausage
1/2 red bell pepper – sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper – sliced
1 small white onion – quartered and sliced
4 cloves garlic – minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 tablespoons tomato paste
1 1/4 c low-sodium chicken broth – divided
1 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons parsley – chopped
1. Add rice into a small saucepan. Refer to the directions provided on the package on how to cook it.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the sausage and cook until brown on all sides. Remove from the skillet onto a clean plate.
5. Add the onion and peppers, then saute until soft.
6. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Saute until aromatic.
7. Remove the sauteed ingredients from the skillet onto the plate with the sausage.
8. In the same skillet, add 3/4 cup of chicken broth and tomato paste. Whisk until well mixed.
9. Simmer the mixture for a minute. Sprinkle cayenne and paprika. Stir until well mixed.
10. Add the cooked rice, sausage, sauteed ingredients, pepper, and the rest of the chicken broth. Stir until well combined.
11. Remove from the heat, then sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top.
12. Serve hot and enjoy!
Feel free to use Italian sausage and Italian seasoning if you want an Italian version.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 799mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 818IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!