The marriage of zucchini and tomatoes has proven to be delectable across numerous dishes, and our ‘Zucchini Tomato Pie’ stands as yet another testament to their culinary harmony. This innovative recipe, a creative spin-off from a concept I discovered on a Bisquick recipe site, breathes new life into these veggies, even off-season. A critical step in this recipe is to properly drain and pat dry the tomatoes, ensuring a pie that’s free from excess moisture.
Here are the ingredients you will need for the Zucchini Tomato Pie:
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped, drained, and blotted dry
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup Bisquick
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon no-salt lemon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1-2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Here’s how you can prepare the Zucchini Tomato Pie:
1. Start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C). Apply a light coating of grease on the bottom and side of a 9-inch pie plate.
2. In a bowl, combine the chopped zucchini, tomato, and onion. Incorporate the cheese into the vegetable mixture, making sure everything is well-mixed. Once done, evenly distribute this mixture into your greased pie plate.
3. Now, take all the remaining ingredients: Bisquick, milk, eggs, no-salt lemon pepper, garlic powder, oregano, sugar, and salt. Whisk them together using a fork until they’re well blended.
4. Pour this mixture over the veggies on the pie plate. Ensure it covers all the vegetables and fills the pie plate evenly.
5. Place the pie plate in your preheated oven. Allow the Zucchini Tomato Pie to bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until you can insert a knife into the center and it comes out clean. Once baked, let the pie cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
In conclusion, this Zucchini Tomato Pie is more than just a recipe – it’s a celebration of seasonal flavors and simplicity in cooking. With its easy-to-follow steps and basic ingredients, it proves that healthy, tasty meals need not be complex or time-consuming. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, this dish offers a rewarding culinary experience. It’s perfect for a cozy family dinner or a casual gathering with friends. So, the next time you find yourself with some zucchini and tomatoes at hand, remember this recipe and treat yourself to a slice of this scrumptious, savory pie. Bon Appétit!