Prep: 30mins | Cook: 5hrs 15mins | Additional: 20 mins | Total: 6 hrs 5 mins | Servings: 10 | Yield: 10 servings
When is the last time you’ve had a traditional beef brisket? You know the one-tender beef with mushrooms in a rich flavorful sauce. The beef brisket that makes the whole house smell great for snuggling on the sofa, like a comfortable day. It had been years since I made beef brisket, but since I discovered this recently, I was able to make this Sensational Slow Cooked Beef Brisket, I fell in love with brisket all over again.
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp of sea salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
(1) (16 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
(3) eaches shallots, chopped
¼ cup unsalted margarine
1 ½ cups Worcestershire sauce (like Lea & Perrins®), divided
1 (5 lbs) beef brisket
2 cups red wine
½ cup of water
(1) clove garlic, chopped
(1) (32 fluid ounce) container beef broth (such as Progresso®)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (such as Lea & Perrins®)
2 tbsp unsalted margarine, thinly sliced
1. Prepare oven, preheat 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Add and mix paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, and cayenne pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Set spice mixture aside.
3. Then heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir mushrooms and shallots for 5 to 8 minutes until mushrooms have released their liquid. Set mushroom mixture aside.
4. Cook brisket until it turns brown and well on all sides for about 5 minutes per side. Add and pour in more, about 1/2 cup at a time, until you add 1 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce as the Worcestershire sauce cooks into the brisket.
5. Add and melt 1/4 cup margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce. Then rub beef brisket thoroughly with spice mixture, place the brisket into the margarine and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Then place a rack into a heavy Dutch oven, place the brisket onto the rack. Pour in Worcestershire sauce pan drippings, red wine, water, garlic, and beef broth. Add and top the brisket with the mushroom mixture. Then drizzle a tbsp of Worcestershire sauce over the mushrooms and top with 2 tbsp of sliced unsalted margarine.
7. Cover the Dutch oven, then bake brisket for 3 hours in the preheated oven. Then lower heat (300 degrees F (150 degrees C), then bake for an hour. Decrease oven temperature to 225 degrees F (105 degrees C) and bake for an hour more. Then baste it with pan drippings every hour.
8. Then let the brisket rest for about 20 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain, serve with pan gravy.
Per Serving: 623.8 calories; fat 46.1g 71% DV; cholesterol 93.2mg 31% DV; sodium 1836.6mg 74% DV; protein 26.8g 54% DV; carbohydrates 16.5g 5% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!