Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Simple, delicious, and easy! These three words best describe this Sesame Chicken! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love! I am so excited for you. Enjoy!
1 1/2 pound chicken breast fillets cut into bite-size pieces
1/4 c cornstarch
3 – 4 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic finely minced
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 c honey
1 – 1 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce (sambal oelek)
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 c cold water
2 tbsp sesame seeds
4 green onions trimmed and sliced into one-inch pieces
1. Add the chicken pieces inside a large Ziploc bag.
2. Add 1/4 cup of cornstarch. Shake the bag until the chicken pieces are well coated.
3. Place a large saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add 2 tbsp of canola oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the chicken pieces and cook each side until brown. Make sure to cook them in batches.
6. Place the chicken onto a clean plate.
7. Place another pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Add garlic and saute until aromatic.
10. Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and chilli sauce. Stir and cook for few minutes.
11. Dissolve cornstarch in water, then pour it into the pan. Stir until well mixed and thick.
12. In the pan where you cooked the chicken, add the sesame seeds. Turn the heat to medium-high and toast the sesame seeds for about 3 minutes or until brown. Make sure to stir from time to time.
13. Transfer the toasted sesame seeds into a mixing bowl.
14. Put the chicken pieces back into the pan.
15. Pour in the sauce and toss until well coated.
16. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds and scallions on top.
17. Serve hot over rice and enjoy!
Calories 301 | Total Fat 16.5g | Cholesterol 9.8mg | Sodium 595.8mg | Total Carbohydrate 34.7g | Sugars 21.2g | Protein 5.6g | Vitamin A2% | Vitamin C
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!