Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 2 Servings
If you want something heavy in the stomach that will make you full for the rest of the day, then you have got to give this recipe a try! It is very delicious, I’m telling you! The corn and shrimp complement well with each other to make such a delicious meal! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat!
1/2-3/4 lb deveined and shelled shrimp
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
2 c chicken broth
1/2 c yellow corn grits
2 oz cream cheese
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 green onion stalks, chopped
2 slices bacon
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the bacon slices and cook until crispy.
3. Remove the bacon from the skillet onto a clean plate, then chop them into small pieces.
4. Use a paper towel to wipe the skillet to remove excess bacon grease.
5. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to high. Add the chicken broth and allow it to boil.
6. Add the corn grits and simmer for about 7 minutes. Make sure to stir from time to time.
7. Add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and cover it with a lid.
9. In a large resealable bag, add the shrimp, Italian seasoning, old bay, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Shake the bag until well combined.
10. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
11. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
12. Add the shrimp and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until pink.
13. Add a generous amount of the grits in a serving bowl, then top it with shrimp, chopped bacon, green onions, and pepper.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 414 | TOTAL FAT: 67g | SATURATED FAT: 31g | TRANS FAT: 1g | UNSATURATED FAT: 28g | CHOLESTEROL: 360mg | SODIUM: 1842mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 16g | FIBER: 1g | SUGAR: 3g | PROTEIN: 37g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!