Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
Oh, my! I am so impressed with this delicious dish! A big thanks to my dear friend, Abby, for recommending this recipe. I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection. As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure you can do a lot to make this recipe even better! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
3 pounds yellow squash, sliced or diced
1/2 cup diced Vidalia onion, optional
1 can(s) cream of mushroom or chicken soup, 10.5 oz.
1 cup mayonnaise
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (sharp is my favourite)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 sleeves of Ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick melted butter
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the washed squash into small cuts.
3. Place the sliced squash into a mixing bowl.
4. In another mixing bowl, add the eggs, mayonnaise, onions, soup, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
5. Pour the mixture on top of the squash and stir until well combined.
6. Transfer the mixture into a casserole dish and spread it evenly.
7. Add the crackers inside a resealable bag, then crush them into small pieces.
8. Transfer the crushed crackers into a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined.
9. Drizzle the mixture over the casserole.
10. Cover it with aluminium foil.
11. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
12. Remove the cover and bake for another 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
13. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to top it with chopped cooked chicken.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!