Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 3 hrs | Total Time: 3 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 8 to 12 Servings
If you have time to spare before lunch or dinner, then you have got to give this recipe a try! This Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa is my ultimate comfort food. Invite your friends over, and surprise them with this awesome dish. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 (3-5 pounds) beef chuck roast trimmed of excess fat, cut into 8-10 pieces
SLOW COOKER INGREDIENTS
1/2 c mild red enchilada sauce (use 10 ounces can if making my enchiladas recipe)
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
1-3 tsp liquid smoke (depending on how “smoky” you like it)
2 chipotles in adobo sauce (more or less to taste) minced (approx. 2 tbsp)
1 teaspoon EACH garlic powder, onion powder
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon EACH chilli powder, smoked paprika
1 tbsp EACH ground cumin, dried oregano
2 bay leaves
2 4 ounces can MILD chopped green chiles
1/4 teaspoon EACH ground cloves, ground cinnamon slow cooker BEEF BARBACOA
1 tbsp Worcestershire
1. Place a large heavy skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the beef and sear all sides for a few minutes until brown.
4. Remove the seared beef from the skillet and transfer them into a 6-quart slow cooker.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker over the beef. Stir everything until well incorporated.
6. Cover the slow cooker and cook everything for about 3 1/2 hours on a high setting or 6 hours on a low setting.
7. When the beef is fork-tender, transfer it to a chopping board. Use two forks to shred it into pieces, then put them back into the slow cooker. Stir everything until well mixed.
8. Cook for another 20 minutes. Add more lime juice, brown sugar, and hot sauce if needed.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!