Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs 40 mins | Total Time: 8 hrs 45 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
All you need for this recipe is one pot! A very hassle-free recipe that you are going to enjoy cooking! This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole is simply the best! Serve it as is or with Spanish rice. Enjoy!
28 ounces can Red Enchilada Sauce I use El Pato Brand or Los Palmas
1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless raw chicken breasts (don’t use any more than 1.5 lbs., the casserole will seem dry if you do).
Add these items at the end:
3.8 ounces can black olives divided
2 c grated cheddar cheese divided
10 corn tortillas I use a 10-12-ounce package of soft corn tortillas.
1. Add the enchilada sauce to the slow cooker.
2. Add the chicken breasts into the slow cooker over the sauce.
3. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook the chicken for about 6 to 8 hours on a low setting.
4. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and transfer them onto a clean plate. Use two forks to shred them into small pieces. Put them back into the slow cooker.
5. Slice into strips the tortillas, then add them into the slow cooker. Stir everything until well mixed.
6. Add 1/2 of the olives and 1/2 cup of cheese, then stir until well mixed,
7. Add the rest of the olives and cheese on top.
8. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook everything for another 40 minutes or an hour on a low setting.
9. Add the sour cream on top if you wish.
10. Serve and enjoy!
You can use boneless chicken thighs or ground beef if you want.
You can also use green enchilada sauce. Just know that it gets funnier.
You can use flour tortillas, but know that it can make the casserole a bit soggy.
Calories: 398 kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1446mg | Potassium: 422mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1165IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 343mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!