Prep: 15mins | Cook: 9hrs
This Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is seasoned corned beef, which is cooked with onions, carrots, and cabbage. If you’re looking to celebrate the Irish holiday or just want a hearty but simple meal, this Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is a perfect choice. Finish your holiday meal with an Irish soda loaf and a dessert Shamrock Shake. Try to make a recipe for Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(4) large peeled carrots, and cut into matchstick pieces
(10) baby red potatoes, quartered
(1) onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
4 cups of water
(1) (4 lbs) corned beef brisket with spice packet
6 ounces beer
(1/2) head cabbage, coarsely chopped
1. In a slow cooker, add and place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom, and then pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Add and sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High.
2. Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. Stir in the cabbage an hour before serving, and cook for an hour more.
1. The potatoes and carrots in the crockpot are getting very soft from cooking all day. If you prefer the firmer side of your vegetables, try to add them halfway through the cooking process.
2. Corned beef is perfect for leftovers, and it’s perfect for burgers, hash, or a Reuben dip.
3. For the tenderest bits of beef, make sure to slice the meat against the grain.
4. Corned beef comes pre-brined and pre-seasoned, so just put it in a slow cooker with carrots and potatoes and then walk away. I add the cabbage in the last part of the cooking process, so it doesn’t get too soft. Slice the beef, then serve it with the potatoes, carrots, and cabbage on a tray.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 23.6 g protein; 99 mg cholesterol; 1281 mg sodium; 19.6 g fat; 49.5 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!