Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 15 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
A big thanks to my dear friend, Anna, for this spectacular recipe! I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! Oh, man, you need this Pot Roast with Gravy in your life. The gravy alone is more than enough for me! Serve this over rice or pasta and you have yourself a meal to remember! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. By the way, don’t forget to share this with your peer. Enjoy!
2-lbs chuck roast
1 tbsp herb and garlic seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
½ sweet yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
8 ounces baby carrots
16 ounces gold potatoes halved or quartered if large
¼ c cornstarch
2 tbsp tomato paste
½ c red wine
3 c beef broth
¼ c tapioca pearls
1. Season with garlic seasoning and herb all over the roast.
2. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add butter and olive oil and allow them to become hot.
4. Add the roast and sear each side until brown.
5. Remove from the skillet into the bottom of a slow cooker.
6. Add the potatoes and carrots into the slow cooker as well.
7. Dissolved cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water, then pour it into the slow cooker. Stir until well mixed.
8. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until just mixed.
9. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 8 hours on a low setting.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to add beef broth instead of red wine.
Make sure to cook this on low heat for the best result.
Searing the roast is optional but highly recommended.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 802mg | Potassium: 1334mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6495IU | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 9mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!