Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 6 hrs | Total Time: 6 hrs 15 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
I love how simple and delicious this recipe is! I’ve always been a fan of refried beans so this recipe suits me perfectly! You have got to give this recipe a try now and prepare to be amazed. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your peers as well. I am sure that they are going to love it as much as we do. Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 pound pinto beans
1 sweet yellow onion
2 tablespoons cooking oil
4 chicken bouillon cubes
2 garlic cloves peeled
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 c water
1/2 c salted butter (wait to add this at the end)
1. Feel free not to soak the beans. Soaking them makes no difference for this recipe.
2. Slice the onion into quarters.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the onions and saute until brown.
6. Clean the beans and remove unnecessary things.
7. Put the beans into a slow cooker.
8. Transfer the cooked onions into the slow cooker as well.
9. Add garlic, bouillon cubes, and cayenne powder. Stir until well mixed.
10. Pour water over everything.
11. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 5 hours on a high setting or 10 hours on a low setting.
12. Reserve 1/2 of the broth and set aside for later use.
13. Add 1 stick of butter into the slow cooker.
14. Use an immersion blender to process everything until well blended.
15. If the texture of the beans is too thick, add the reserved broth. Stir until well mixed.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!