Dive into the world of delightful desserts with the S’Mores Pie. A fusion of rich chocolate, crispy graham crust, and creamy meringue, this pie is a tribute to the classic campfire treat. Perfect for gatherings or a family dessert night, it guarantees smiles all around.
- Graham Crust:
- 12 graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon table salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Brownie Layer:
- 6 ounces fine chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (7 ounces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (1¼ ounces)
- Fudge Layer:
- 4 ounces fine chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (5¼ ounces)
- 3 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of table salt
- Preparing the Crust: Preheat the oven to 325°F, positioning the rack 8 inches from the broiler element. In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers, sugar, and salt until finely ground. Combine with melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 16-18 minutes until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Crafting the Brownie Layer: In a large bowl, melt the chocolate, oil, butter, and cocoa in a microwave. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Incorporate sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and flour. Pour this batter into the crust.
- Baking: Place the pie in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Ensure the brownie sets properly. Let it cool for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Creating the Fudge Layer: In a medium-sized bowl, mix chocolate, cream, and corn syrup. Melt and mix thoroughly. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes. Pour over the brownie layer and let it set for 3 hours.
- Meringue Magic: In a stand mixer, whisk all the meringue ingredients. Heat over simmering water until the sugar dissolves. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Spread this over the fudge layer, ensuring it touches the crust edges.
- Torch or Broil: Either use a torch to brown the meringue or place it under a broiler. Ensure it’s evenly browned.
- Serve and Enjoy: Slice into wedges and serve immediately. A wet knife helps in getting cleaner slices.
- The recommended graham cracker is Honey Maid Honey Graham Crackers.
- If the fudge layer hasn’t been set before adding the meringue, consider refrigerating the pie for up to 30 minutes.
There’s nothing quite like the joy of digging into a slice of S’Mores Pie. It’s a journey of textures and flavors – from the crunchy base to the gooey middle and the fluffy top. Share this recipe with friends and family, and don’t forget to enjoy every bite!