Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1hr 5mins | Total: 1 hr 35 mins | Serving: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
These Smothered Chicken with Spinach, Potatoes, and Mushrooms is a creamy, cheesy, flavorful recipe. It is one of those dishes we find in our family to be comfort foods. Try this recipe if you’re searching for delicious comfort food.
(½) cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
To taste: (1) pinch of salt and ground black pepper
2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
1 tbsp olive oil, or as needed
(6) small red potatoes, quartered
1 tbsp butter, or more as needed
1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
(3) eaches green onions, diced
(3) cloves garlic, diced
1 (10.75 oz) can condense cream of chicken soup
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup sherry wine
1 (8 oz) package fresh spinach
1 (8 oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Start by preheating the oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Oil a baking dish.
2. Add and combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Shake off excess breading.
3. Add and heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Cook the chicken until it turns brown on both sides, 5 to 10 minutes, and then transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cook potatoes in the same skillet and stir until almost tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish.
4. In the same skillet, add the butter. Saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add and saute the green onions and garlic until garlic turns brown about 3 minutes. Add soup, broth, and sherry. Let it boil and cook until sauce thickens about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add and pour the sauce over chicken and potatoes in the baking dish. Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top, and then cover the dish with aluminum foil.
6. In the preheated oven, bake it for 20 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes more.
1. You can substitute any wine for sherry wine.
2. You can use any cheese available for mozzarella.
Per Serving: 440.8 calories; 94.3 mg cholesterol; 723 mg sodium; 39.1 g protein; 37.3 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!