Prep Time: 40 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Chill Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 3 hrs 15 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
These heavenly treats never fail to make me smile every time. 3 hours of preparation is so worth it, I’m telling you! Try this recipe now!
For the sweet dough:
1/2 c salted butter, very soft (divided) (1 stick)
1 tbsp active dry yeast
5 tbsp granulated sugar
2 large Eggs
1 tsp kosher salt
1 c whole milk, warm
3 & 1/4 c all-purpose flour, spooned and levelled
For the caramel sauce:
1/4 tsp kosher salt
3/4 c salted butter, (1 and 1/2 sticks)
1/3 c heavy cream
1 & 1/2 c brown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 c water
1/3 c honey
For the roll filling:
1 & 3/4 (about 8 ounces) cups pecans, toasted
1/3 c granulated sugar
1/3 c brown sugar, packed
A dash of nutmeg, optional
1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the Sweet Dough:
1. Add 1 cup of milk into a heat-safe bowl, then place it inside the microwave and heat for about a minute.
2. Remove from the microwave, then add 5 tbsp of granulated sugar and 1 tbsp of yeast. Stir until well blended. Leave it at room temperature to cool.
3. Add 2 cracked eggs into the bowl with the milk mixture, then whisk until well blended.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add 3 1/4 cups of flour and 1 tsp kosher salt. Beat until blended.
5. Transfer the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, then whisk until well incorporated.
6. Add 1/2 cup of butter and beat until well blended.
7. Apply cooking spray in a large bowl.
8. Transfer the sweet dough into the greased bowl, then cover it with plastic wrap.
9. Put the bowl in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours up to 2 days.
For the Caramel Sauce:
1. Put a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 3/4 cup of butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar, then stir until well blended. Make sure that it is dissolved completely.
4. Remove the pan from the stove, then add 1/3 cup of honey, 1/3 cup of heavy cream, 1/3 cup of water, and 1/4 tsp kosher salt. Whisk until well blended.
5. Let the mixture cool completely at room temperature.
For the Roll Filling:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Roughly chop the pecans. Scatter them into the bottom of a rimmed baking pan.
3. Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast the pecans for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
4. Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
5. Add 1/2 of the toasted pecans, then toss until well mixed. Set aside the rest of the pecans.
Prepare for Rising:
1. Place a pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Put a 9×13-inch baking pan on the bottom rack of the oven. Put another rack over it.
3. Heat in the oven for about 3 minutes at 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
4. In another 9×13-inch pan, add the caramel sauce and spread it evenly to the bottom.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the pecans into the prepared pan.
6. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then place dough on it and knead with your hands. Shape it into a rectangle.
7. Sprinkle the pecan mixture and sugar on top of the dough.
8. Roll from the bottom towards the middle. Make sure to seal the sides.
9. Slice the dough into 12 equal pieces.
10. Lay the rolls into the prepared pan and arrange them in a single layer.
11. Cover the rolls with a greased plastic wrap.
12. Pour the hot water into the empty pan, then allow the rolls to rise for 30 minutes.
13. Remove the rolls from the hot water.
14. Bake the rolls at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until done.
15. Remove the rolls from the oven and allow them to rest at room temperature for a few minutes.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 2 days in the fridge. Make sure to place them in an airtight container.
Serving: 1 roll, calories: 669 kcal, carbohydrates: 81 g, protein: 7 g, fat: 37 g, saturated fat: 16 g, polyunsaturated fat: 5 g, monounsaturated fat: 14 g, trans fat: 1 g, cholesterol: 93 mg, sodium: 445 mg, potassium: 216 mg, fiber: 3 g, sugar: 53 g, vitamin a: 777 iu, vitamin c: 1 mg, calcium: 86 mg, iron: 3 mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!