Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 18 Servings
The best cake you will ever serve today is just an hour away from getting achieved! This Sour Cream Chocolate Cake is so worth the time and effort. Try it now!
4 large Eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 tsp baking soda
3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/3 c sour cream
1 1/3 c hot strong coffee (or hot water)
1 c butter (softened)
3 c packed brown sugar
2 2/3 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 c powdered sugar
3 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate (chopped)
3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (chopped)
1 c sour cream
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 10×15-inch glass baking dish.
3. Add brown sugar and butter into a mixing bowl, then beat for a few minutes until well blended.
4. Add the eggs gradually, then beat every addition until well combined.
5. Add vanilla and stir until well blended.
6. In another bowl, add baking soda, cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
7. Add sour cream into the bowl with the flour mixture, then beat until well incorporated.
8. Pour in boiling water, then stir until well blended.
9. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
10. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
11. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
12. Melt the butter and chocolates in the oven or microwave. Remove from the oven, then stir until well blended.
13. Add sour cream, butter mixture, vanilla, melted chocolate, and powdered sugar into a large bowl. Beat until well blended.
14. Pour the frosting over the cooled cake and spread it evenly.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last for a few days.
Calories: 607 kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 435mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 71g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!