Indulge in the simplicity and flavors of traditional Italian cuisine with this classic Spaghetti Aglio E Olio recipe. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two, this dish is sure to transport you to the streets of Italy from the comfort of your home. With minimal ingredients and maximum taste, it’s a must-try for all pasta lovers.
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- ⅛ teaspoon of table salt, plus additional for cooking pasta
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- Garlic Infusion: Begin by heating the olive oil and garlic in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Continue cooking until the garlic turns a pale golden shade and releases its aroma, which usually takes about 3 minutes. Once done, move the skillet away from the heat and stir in the red pepper flakes. Set this mixture aside.
- Pasta Preparation: In a large saucepan, boil 2 quarts of water. As the water reaches a rolling boil, introduce the spaghetti and 1½ teaspoons of salt. Ensure you stir the pasta frequently to prevent sticking. Cook until the spaghetti becomes flexible but retains a firm core, approximately 5 minutes. Before draining the pasta, remember to reserve 1½ cups of the pasta water.
- Combining Flavors: Introduce the partially cooked spaghetti, ⅛ teaspoon of salt, and ¾ cup of the reserved pasta water to the skillet containing the garlic mixture. Turn the heat to medium-high and bring the contents to a simmer. Consistently stir the pasta, making sure to fold it over itself. Continue cooking until most of the water is absorbed but a small amount remains at the bottom of the skillet. This should take around 5 minutes.
- Final Touches: Allow the pasta to rest off the heat for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the chopped parsley and give it a gentle stir. If needed, you can adjust the consistency using the remaining reserved pasta water. The final sauce should coat the spaghetti in a glossy sheen without appearing oily.
Serve your delightful Spaghetti Aglio E Olio hot and savor the rich flavors of Italy!
Note: The specified water and salt measurements for cooking the pasta are crucial. The starch released by the pasta into the water plays a pivotal role in attaining the desired sauce consistency.
Conclusion: This Spaghetti Aglio E Olio recipe is a testament to the beauty of Italian cooking, where simple ingredients come together to create a symphony of flavors. Share this recipe with your friends and loved ones, and let them experience the magic of authentic Italian pasta!