Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Sandwiches
I was not a fan of artichokes, but after I had these Spinach and Artichoke Melts, everything changed! Now, I constantly crave this delicious sandwich! Try it now and taste perfection yourself. Enjoy!
1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove of garlic, minced or grated
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1/2 c milk
1/2 c frozen chopped spinach, thawed, about 5 oz.
1 (8 oz) jar of grilled artichoke hearts or marinated artichokes
8 slices thick sourdough or Tuscan bread
1-oz cream cheese
1/2 c Greek yoghurt
1/2 tsp pepper
butter for spreading
1 chicken breast grilled and sliced thin (optional)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the minced garlic, then sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
4. Add flour, then whisk and cook for a minute or until it forms into a paste.
5. Add milk, then stir until well blended.
6. Add Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, pepper, and mozzarella cheese. Stir until well blended and smooth.
7. Add the Greek yoghurt, then stir until well blended.
8. Add the chopped spinach and artichokes, then stir until well mixed. Remove from the heat.
9. Place another skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-low.
10. Butter each sliced bread, then add 2 tbsp of the artichoke dip over and spread it evenly.
11. Add another bread over the artichoke layer.
12. Place it into the hot skillet, then toast each side for a few minutes. Allow the cheese to melt completely.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place it inside the fridge. Use for sandwiches next time!
Calories Per Serving: 428 kcal
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!